Oh, the song doesn't go that way? Phooey.
I love pita chips. LOVE them. I love them even more if they're still slightly warm and crispy, freshly made. Yes, you don't have to settle for pita chips out of a bag, just make your own! It's SO easy!
Homemade pita chips by me
Mmmm crispy goodness.
- pita bread
- olive oil or cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cut pita bread into wedges. From one pita, I can get six wedges. I also rip them in half again so I get more - I like my pita chips a bit thin. If you like the thicker chips, then do not tear in half!
3. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (I'm OCD, I line baking sheets with non stick aluminum foil first.) Scatter pita chips on the baking sheet. If you don't use cooking spray, scatter pita chips on a baking sheet and lightly (very lightly!) drizzle with olive oil. I prefer cooking spray - easier distribution of grease.
4. Lightly sprinkle salt on the chips.
5. Bake for 5-7 minutes. If you start to smell the chips, they're overdone.